Here are some events and news that may interest you.
1. Con Edison Work Notice Beginning April 7
Con Edison is performing work in our neighborhood. The work is taking place on West End Avenue between West 93rd Street and West 102nd Street.
They will continue work through April 2018.
- West End Avenue between West 95th and West 96th Streets
- Weekdays (9 AM – 2 PM)
- Saturdays (8 AM – 4 PM)
- West End Avenue between West 93rd and West 95th StreetsWest End Avenue between West 96th and West 102nd Street
- Mondays- Saturdays (8 AM – 4 PM)
- Parking Restrictions
- Traffic Lane Changes
2. Friends of Straus Park – Saturday, April 15 1pm – 3pm.
The Friends of Straus Park invite you to commemorate the 102nd anniversary of the renaming of the park and the 105th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. You will hear information about the history of Isadora and Ida Straus, in whose honor the park was renamed.
3. Bloomingdale Neighborhood History Group: Lecture Movies Filmed in Bloomingdale Monday, April 17 6:30pm.
Bloomingdale Neighborhood History Group is sponsoring a FREE lecture, Movies Filmed in Bloomingdale, featuring Jim Mackin, local historian, and Gary Dennis, former actor and owner of the west side’s beloved Movie Place, Tour Guide and according to the NY Times, “film scholar without portfolio.” The lecture will be held at Hostelling International, 891 Amsterdam @103rd Street.
4. Helen Rosenthal’s FREE BIKE HELMET Event: Saturday, April 29 11am – 2pm.
Pick up a FREE bike helmet at Council Member’s Helen Rosenthal District Office on 87th Street and Columbus Avenue on Saturday, April 29 from 11:00 am – 2:00 pm. Her last bike helmet giveaway had a line down and around the block, so be sure to get there early! You need to be there in person to receive a bike helmet.
5. May 20th is the 102/103rd Streets Block Association’s Annual Block Party
If you are “spring cleaning”, you may want to reserve a vendor table at our neighboring block association’s Block Party. The 102/103rd Streets Block Association will hold their annual Block Party on Saturday, May 20. They are now accepting applications for vendor tables. The fee is $60.00. For more information, please visit their website at:
If you have an event you would like published, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best regards and Happy Holidays.
Mary Koval, President West 104th Street Block Association